Saturday, August 28, 2010

Two Books, One Day

I haven’t written in a while because I haven’t been reading. The last week or so has been busy and stressful. My cat Monkey had to have 15 teeth removed due to resorptive lesions. This came as a surprise. He went in for a routine teeth cleaning because he has gingivitis and came home with half his teeth. Needless to say this past week has been interesting having to make the switch from hard food to wet food and then track him down three times a day to give him medication. I haven’t been sleeping very well and just didn’t feel like reading any of the books I had on my shelf. On Tuesday the books I ordered on Amazon finally came in and I decided start reading them at work on Wednesday.


I started with “One Day” and couldn’t put it down. I finished it on Friday at work. I really liked this book and the whole time I was reading it I kept imagining it as a movie. I knew previously that they are making it into a movie so I kept imagining what the scenes are going to look like on film. One of the reviews says it’s a “nod to When Harry met Sally” and I have to agree. I love that movie and this is like a newer best friend story. Overall I really liked it. After I finished I had brought “The Hunger Games” with me to work and decided to start reading that. I started at around 4 on Friday afternoon and COULD NOT put this book down. I finished the book at 4 Saturday morning. I loved it! I want to run right out and buy the second one but I have things I need to get done today. I am going to buy it this weekend though. So this means it will probably be the 5th book I read this month and I will accomplish my goal, however, I will have to actually purchase a book. And that means not all the books came off my shelf, oh well. At least I got some reading in before I start school next week. And I’m happy that I finished at least a couple books from my shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed Books

  • Mockingjay
  • The Girl Who Played With Fire
  • Catching Fire
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
  • The Hunger Games
  • One Day
  • The Historian
  • The Last Summer (Of You and Me)