Saturday, August 14, 2010

Persuasion

I’m avoiding reading. Instead of reading I’m playing Words with Friends (aka Scrabble) on my iPhone, checking the internet for new posts on my favorite sites, and doing pushups/planks every hour. I’m addicted to this game. Every few minutes I have to check and see if it’s my turn. I have the boyfriend hooked too. He’s always asking if it’s my turn and if he can play for me. We stayed up until 1 the other night playing each other and watching Jersey Shore on the DVR. Today I used an Amazon gift card I received for my birthday to buy some new books. I bought “One Day”, “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”, and “The Hunger Game” or maybe its games, I don’t remember. Total cost was $.69. Not bad. I think if I make it to book 5 I’m going to treat myself and read “One Day” since I didn’t technically pay for it and it will be on my bookshelf by then.

(I found this on my computer because I didn't take any new pictures)

I need someone to persuade me to start reading this book. I have it open to the first page; I have read the first paragraph 3 times now and after every time I set it down to check my phone. Ugh, I’m just in a book funk now. I need a fun, fast book to read and that doesn’t exist on my book shelf. The books on my shelf haven’t been read because they no longer interest me. I’m losing motivation. I don’t understand these people who have motivation every day. I NEVER have motivation. I’m lucky if I find some one day a week for a few moments. I was able to find a little bit this week and work out a few times.

Workout Minutes = 144 (Over 2 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed Books

  • Mockingjay
  • The Girl Who Played With Fire
  • Catching Fire
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
  • The Hunger Games
  • One Day
  • The Historian
  • The Last Summer (Of You and Me)