Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Finally

It’s been awhile since I last wrote and I can’t even remember everything that has happened since then. I had a good birthday. Took my cats to the vet, had a pedicure, and went out for drinks. This thing in my arm is still bruised and hurts. It feels like someone punched me really hard and the pain just won’t go away. Hopefully in another day or so I will be able to sleep normally again. It’s difficult to try and find someplace to put your arm where you won’t be laying on it while you sleep.



Well I finally finished “The Historian” last night at around 1. I’m glad I’m done with it. It took a few more days than expected but I didn’t read much over the weekend either. I think the size of it just kept me from really wanting to sit down and finish. Overall I enjoyed it. I can appreciate the amount of work the author put into writing the book but the ending sort of fell short. She put so much detail into the book and then the last chapter felt like she didn’t want to write anymore. Like she was over it and just wanted to be done. That was disappointing, but a relief at the same time, because I felt the same way. The book drained me.

Now to decide what should I read next? I feel like I need something lite and airy but I’m not sure that exists on my book shelf. Some options I’ve been looking at are “My Booky Wook” by Russell Brand. I started this book late last year thinking it was going to be funny but after about 35 pages it really wasn’t. Maybe it just hadn’t gotten good yet and needs another shot. The beginning was about his stay in sex rehab and if it’s depressing I’m not sure I can handle that after the last book. The other option I’m considering is “Persuasion” by Jane Austen. I’ve never read a Jane Austen book and I’m actually a little nervous to try. I’m nervous because the writing style might be the exact opposite of lite and airy. I skimmed through it a few moments ago and it doesn’t appear to be as bad as I originally thought so I might consider it. What I would really like to do is use this Amazon gift card someone gave me for my birthday and buy a few books I’ve been wanting to read, but that goes against my August goals completely. I can still but the books, I just can’t read them until I read 3 more books from my book shelf. I have roughly 20 days to read 3 books. I guess I had better start reading shorter books. Also my working out was out the window about 2 weeks ago, I might as well scratch that goal off the list right now.


Also my sister gave me this awesome gift for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed Books

  • Mockingjay
  • The Girl Who Played With Fire
  • Catching Fire
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
  • The Hunger Games
  • One Day
  • The Historian
  • The Last Summer (Of You and Me)