Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Low Flying Planes

Is it weird to be jealous of the girl’s legs on the cover of my book? This book is about spending summers on an island and when I look at the cover of the book her legs are amazing. Perfectly tan too. Then I feel like a fat slob for sitting on the couch reading a book, when I should be out running around the block for hours. I need to find some sort of gadget that adds minutes so I can input my workout minutes on the sidebar to keep track. I don’t know if something like that exists. 30 x 60 minutes = 1800 minutes by 31 August. I hope that’s right. Math has always been my worst subject.


I almost threw in the towel yesterday and gave up before I even got started. After the doctor appointment I drove by the pool only to find out they are closed on Monday’s. This probably would have occurred to me before if I spent more time there. So I had to think of a Plan B. Then I remembered there was a lake close by. I decided to run to the store, grab some lunch, and buy a lawn chair. This plan was foiled too. The lunch I wanted, Taco Bell, had a line a mile long, and the store didn’t sell lawn chairs. At this point I was about to give up and just go home to watch Lost. Then I remembered I had a blanket in the back of the car and I could run by the little minimart for some picnic type items. So thats what I did.

The park was a much better choice than the pool anyway. The weather was cool with a slight breeze, almost too cool for the water but just perfect for the park. My only gripe is that this park sits at the end of a runway and about every minute or so a large plane flies over. It was exciting for about the first 20 minutes.
Workout Minutes = 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed Books

  • Mockingjay
  • The Girl Who Played With Fire
  • Catching Fire
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
  • The Hunger Games
  • One Day
  • The Historian
  • The Last Summer (Of You and Me)