Wednesday, July 28, 2010

ACCOMPLISMENT

I finished reading “The Last Summer (Of You and Me)” while at the gym yesterday. I made myself stay on the elliptical until I finished the book which meant I did 68 minutes of cardio. Two goals accomplished at the same time. Definitely feels good to complete something even if it’s something so small. I’ve been thinking about how I’m going to review the books I read or if I’m even going to review them. I figured I probably should but I can’t think of anything I really have to say about this book. It’s a decent beach read but I don’t care to read it again and it didn’t leave a lasting impression. I think what drove me to read it so quickly was that it’s an easy read (I think it’s a young adult book) but I think I was more driven by my desire to finish reading “a” book. After the book and the gym I was exhausted so I just went home and lay on the couch. I wanted to go to bed at 6 but made myself wait until 8.


I can’t decide which new book to start. I have a few options, well more than a few really, but I’ve been leaning towards “The Historian” by Elizabeth Kostova . I’m about a quarter of the way through it and I think I remember most of what has happened so far. It’s been about a year since I put it down. I have a habit of starting books, reading a quarter, and never picking them back up. This seems like the best option because I’m at work and forgot to bring a new book with me to start and “The Historian” has been sitting my locker since I put it down last.

Ok I think a new goal needs to be decision making. I have a problem making decisions. I will sit and think about doing something for hours and by the time I make the decision I probably could have read the book or done whatever it was I was thinking about doing twice by then.

 So it’s decided, I am going to finish “The Historian.”
Workout Minutes = 68

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed Books

  • Mockingjay
  • The Girl Who Played With Fire
  • Catching Fire
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
  • The Hunger Games
  • One Day
  • The Historian
  • The Last Summer (Of You and Me)